Christmas season was crazy this year. I have never been so glad to see January! We had party party, event after event to attend. Not that I am complaining…I am super thankful to have so many amazing friends and such a great family to celebrate the season with.
I had to come up with all kinds of fun appetizers and drink recipes to bring along to these parties…and these Sweet Potato Stacks were one of the best apps I have had so far. They are quick and easy to make, so savory and delicious, and individual sized! So fun for serving and eating!
At the time of making these, I didn’t have a veggie slicer, so I sliced these sweet potatoes by hand. But, next time I make them I’m looking forward to the ease of using my newly acquired veggie slicer. These Sweet Potato stacks come together in a jiff – you just peel and slice the potatoes, mix in some melted butter, and a sprinkle of rosemary and parmesan – throw them in the oven, and voila…done!
I made a second batch of these and packed them up in ziplock containers. I ended up eating them for breakfast or lunch at work – and my coworkers were super jealous 😉 just a warning, these things smell amazing!
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and thinly sliced
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with butter or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together butter, parmesan, chopped rosemary, and salt.
- Add sliced sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Layer potatoes slices into muffin pan and fill to the top, making sure to fill to top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and centers are tender.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and carefully remove with a spoon. Top with extra parmesan cheese and fresh chopped fresh rosemary.
- Serve and enjoy!