Chili is one of the best parts of fall. And pumpkin spice sweet potato chili encompasses all of my fall favorites! A warm dish, pumpkin spices, sweet potatoes. Really, what’s not to love!?!
The best part of this dish is that it is a one-potter! You heard me right people, only one dish to wash after making this awesome meal. Serve it up with some cornbread, or yummy warm peasant bread, or just eat it as is. You really can’t go wrong!
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lb ground beef
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- sour cream
- green onions, chopped
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat and drizzle in the olive oil oil. Once the oil is hot, crumble in the ground beef and brown it for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain off fat.
- Add in the salt and pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the chopped onion and red bell peppers, and saute those together with the ground beef for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic an tomato paste and stir to incorporate.
- Next, add in the diced sweet potato plus the beef stock, and stir to combine. Cover the pan and gently simmer the chili on low for about 20-22 minutes, or until the sweet potato cubes are tender, stirring occasionally; turn off the heat.
- Serve, garnish with sour cream and onions if desired!