Today it was 106 degrees. Thats right 106 crazy hot, melt your face off degrees. What happened to fall?! When is it going to get here and kick summer out?!
I guess if it’s going to be this dreadfully hot out, we might as well embrace it right? So instead of sitting here complaining about the weather, I am going to share with you one of the most fabulous margarita recipes I have ever tried. This pineapple margarita is light, not too sweet and perfectly refreshing. It was just what we needed to take our minds off of the blistering heat.
It uses real pineapple juice (I got mine in a 4- pack from Trader Joe’s), fresh pineapple, fresh lime, OJ, and triple sec. Oh, and of course the most important, tequila. Hubby and I decided to buy a Costco size bottle of tequila…looks like we are going to be making lots of margaritas in the near future!
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 3/4 cup orange juice
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup triple sec
- 3/4 cup tequila
- fresh pineapple and lime slices for garnish
- Salt for rim of glass (optional)
- Mix pineapple juice, orange juice, triple sec and tequila.
- Fill a cocktail shaker 1/2 full of ice and then fill 2/3 full with margarita mix. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- If desired – rub a cut lime around rim of glass and dip in salt. Fill with ice.
- Pour margarita mix over ice and garnish with pineapple and lime.