Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun mix up on the classic chocolate chip cookies. The hubby has always been adamant about “only” liking my classic chocolate chip cookies; and gets mad when I make anything but his favorite. He did, however, admit to loving these!
These cookies are soft and chewy and filled with an amazing nutella flavor. Now, I’m as big of a fan as Matt is of my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, but these nutella chocolate chip cookies may have bumped them down a spot on the list!
These cookies bake up best when they have been chilled – so I recommend popping them in the fridge for a few hours before baking them. Or better yet, make them the night before, refrigerate, and then throw them in the oven the next day. Chilling the dough well before baking keeps these cookies from spreading too much and keeps them nice and soft.
Another option – freeze the pre-made nutella chocolate chip cookies dough balls and thaw out one or two (or three or four!) when a cookie craving hits!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp constarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine butter, nutella, sugars, egg and vanilla. Blend on medium speed until well combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Beat on slow speed for about a minute, or until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Add chips and stir in with spatula.
- Scoop out dough and roll into walnut sized balls. Place dough on large plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place dough on lined baking sheet, making sure to leave at least 2 inches of spacing in between each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top and edges are set.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove and let finish cooling on cookie rack.
- Serve and enjoy!