This is my new favorite bread. It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s delicious.
Skillet bread can be whipped up in minutes, no need for yeast or rising time! Seriously, I might start making this every night.
The honey and molasses even make it yummy enough for dessert, but it’s also delicious served with chili, or soup, or pretty much anything…
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and grease an oven-safe skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients excluding buttermilk. Pour 1 cup buttermilk and stir until just combined, adding additional 1/4 cup buttermilk if dough is still dry. The dough should be lumpy, don’t overmix!
- Turn out dough into greased skillet. Bake for 15 minutes, and then lower oven temperature to 350 and bake an additional 10 minutes until edges of bread are golden brown.
- Slide bread onto wire rack to cool. Serve and enjoy!