I love gummy bears! They include all of the best things candy has to offer. They are sweet. They are chewy. And best of all, they are so darn cute! I ended up with quite a few bags of mini haribro gummy bears (the best kind!) and wanted to something fun with them. And then it hit me…bake them into my other favorite treat – sugar cookies! The result was pure awesomeness.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup gummy bears (I use haribo - they have the best consistency!)
- combine butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract and almond extract - beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy ~3 minutes.
- Add in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Beat until just combined.
- Add in gummy bears, gently mix in by hand.
- Form dough into 12 walnut sized balls. Place on plate and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cookie balls onto lined baking sheet (spaced 2 inches apart). bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown and tops are set.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Serve and enjoy!