There’s just something about peanut butter that’s comforting. Am I right? And chocolate. That goes without saying. Chocolate heals everything. If we learned anything from Harry Potter, it is that chocolate has healing power. (Yes, it is Harry Potter season, so we currently have a HP Marathon going on in my household…you will see lots of HP references in the near future, my sincerest apologies.)
So what happens when you stick those two together into a delicious dessert?! This Chocolate Kiss Peanut Butter Cookie – that’s what! And these cookie have magical powers. They are that good.
These cookies take my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and add chocolate to it. They are fabulous. But, don’t take my word for it…make them yourself!
My favorite part of these cookies is that the dough is so easy to make. It is also so easy to freeze, so that you can have delicious cookies anytime you want! Just roll the dough up into balls just as if you would if you were going to bake them – and them store them in freezer bags for up to 3 months. Defrost them and they are ready to throw in the oven for a delicious snack!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 24 Hershey Kiss candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugar with a mixture on medium speed for about 5 minutes until the mix becomes light and creamy. Add corn syrup and mix until just combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and lightly push one chocolate candy into the center of each cookie. Let cool on rack for 5-10 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.