Summer is slowly trying to slip away. And then…we have a week like this one, where the temperatures are back in the 90s (sometimes I wish I lived somewhere where there is an actual fall season)! So, in honor of summer weather making an appearance in October, I whipped up a batch of cookies reminiscent of my favorite summer treat!
S’mores are the ultimate summer food. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of sitting in front of a campfire during a summer lake trip, making s’mores with my best friend. These caramel s’more cookie cups use ground graham crackers to give the cookie that classic flavor. And, a rolo candy cooked right into the middle gives it a delicious carmel-y twist!
And for those of you not lucky enough to live in the sauna that is Los Angeles, caramel s’more cookie cups do not require a summer campfire. Rather, you can whip up a batch and enjoy them right out of the oven!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 mini marshmallows
- 24 rolo candies, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, graham crackers, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture in small amounts. Combine thoroughly after each addition.
- Roll dough into walnut sized ball. Place into well of muffin tray. Lightly press a rollo candy into the middle of each ball of dough.
- Place into oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and top each cookie with 3-4 mini marshmallows. Bake for 1-2 minutes more. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes. Remove from muffin tray and place on cooling rack until fully cooled.
- Melt milk chocolate chips and pipe melted chocolate onto cookies. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.