I’ve been working pretty long hours lately, so I’ve been looking for fun crock-pot dishes that I can quickly throw together in the morning (or the night before) to slow cook throughout the day and be ready when I get home from work, starving. I stumbled upon an idea for a breakfast casserole from jimmy dean, and it inspired this awesome, yummy, filling Brinner Egg Dish.
This slow cooker dish could be put together at night. That way, you can cook it for 8 hours while you are sleeping and wake up to an amazing smelling breakfast. Or…you could do what I did and cook it overnight for a filling Brinner!
- 1 (30 oz.) package of frozen shredded hash brown potatoes.
- 1 lb ground beef or sausage, seasoned with italian seasoning, browned and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red or orange pepper, diced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with half of the sausage/beef, half of the cheeses, and half of the onions and peppers.
- Repeat the layers again.
- Beat the eggs, milk/half-and-halp, and salt and pepper in a large bowl until well blended. Pour the egg mixture evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
- Cook on your slow-cookers low setting for 8 hours or on the high setting for 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!