It’s Fall!!! Be prepared for all kinds of pumpkin and cinnamon and apple filled recipes in the upcoming months!
I woke up this morning to cool weather and the sound of the wind blowing, so exciting…fall is my favorite season! I stumbled upon this recipe a few days ago and decided to celebrate both my first work-free saturday in weeks, and the beginning of fall by making apple pie pancakes this morning. Not only were they completely delicious, but the house smelled amazing for the rest of the day!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated apple
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix, the batter should have some lumps!
- Fold in the grated apple
- Pre-heat skilled over medium heat and brush with butter or vegetable oil.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto warm skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown and bubbles form on surface of pancake. Flip and cook for another minute on opposite side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!